Monday 16 May 2011

Macro Photography

I always like photographing closeup.  Here are a few photos of mainly native Australian flowers I have taken when using film and then scanning.    I still have a wonderful Minolta 100mm macro lens that I loved but I can no longer use it with digital.  As I find the weight of SLR and lenses more than I can easily carry as I'm getting older, I am only using compact cameras and having more trouble getting the really close images that I want. But I will persevere as I know that depth of field with a compact small sensor is actually better than with SLRs.

Correa Manii

These 2 photos are of Correa Manii, one of my favourites.


Correa Manii

Banksia
Banksia


Callistemon
Callistemon


Flower

To learn more about digital macro I did a one day course recently and photographed weeds closeup along an old river bed - amazing how beautiful the rejects of plants can be!

Weed macro

Weed macro


Weed macro

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, lovely photos. There's nothing wrong with that camera, or the photographer.
I have taken lots of shots of plants along waterways too, I especially love grasses and their seedheads. Remember, a weed is just a plant that people don't want where it is.

Ruth Lathlean said...

Thanks Mary for your nice comments