Saturday 23 February 2019

More paintings and linocut prints

 
These are some recent linocut prints that I have made.  They are my take on landscapes.

Linoprint landscape (2)



Linoprint landscape (1)



Linoprint landscape



Linocut "Trees"


This is a small print (10 cm square) called 'Trees' .  It is an artist's proof for an edition of 10 that I sent to the International Print Exchange in the UK in 2018.  It is printed on Kozo Japanese paper.

Soft Pastel Paintings

Sand dunes

This shows sand dunes in the Gobi Desert from one of my photos from my visit there several years ago.


Wooldyers of Marrakesh

This is from a photograph I made in 1970 of the souk of the Wooldyers of Marrakesh in Morocco.  The dyed skeins are strung above the pathway to dry.


Escarpment Western Australia


This pastel painting is inspired by a friend's photo in Karijini National Park in Western Australia. The huge escarpments dropping down to the trees were amazing.

Watercolour paintings
These were done at a workshop last month.  I hadn't worked in watercolour for many years and it was fun to get back into it.


Wildflowers


Australian wildflowers - banksias



Rocks Namibia


Large rocks in Namibia from a photo I took there years ago

No comments: