Friday 3 June 2016

More Pastel Paintings

I've been back a few weeks from my trip to Sicily and Oman but am not sure if I can post the slideshows I have made of my photos.  I will try later.

I'm now looking at some of the art I did earlier this year and am posting it here.  This pastel called "The dog walker" is based on a colour slide I took twenty years ago during the annual Floriade festival we have in Canberra.   The camera was set on a slow shutter speed to blur the moving person and dog and I've always liked it.

Walking the dog

 I did the next two pastels in a weekend workshop by Louise Corke with a concentration on light and composition.

One painting is a landscape with trees in the foreground and background;  the other is from a photo I took several years ago of the citadel of Carcassonne in France.


Pastel painting



Pastel paintings


I just finished this pastel of an old tree trying to use a cross-hatching technique in hard pastels to begin it - then scumble in soft pastels. I'm not sure how it has worked.

Pastel paintings




No comments: